Barefoot Beachcombers Club (BBC)
Email Address: email@example.com
Updated August 2017
The Barefoot Beachcombers Club (BBC) was officially chartered by Don and Joan Deakin on February 4, 2013, at its first organizational meeting held at SeaBreeze Regional Recreation Center.
1) All residents of The Villages, whether permanent or snowbirds, are eligible to become members of the BBC during open enrollment. To become a member of the BBC, a resident needs to provide his/her name and e-mail address by sending a request to the BBC mailbox (bbc32162 @gmail.com).
2) Trips are open only to residents of The Villages who are members of the BBC club.
3) All club members must sign and turn in a Liability Waiver, which will be kept on file with the BBC.
4) No membership dues will be charged.
5) To remain a current member in the BBC, a member must have taken a beach trip within the past 12 months. Membership is reviewed every January and if a member has not taken a beach trip with us within the past 12 months, his/her membership will be deleted. The Executive Committee is not required to notify members who have been deleted from the club.
1) Quarterly club meetings will be announced in an email sent to all members and in the “Recreation News.”
2) Meetings will be held on the first Monday at 7pm in the Sea Breeze Regional Recreation Center in the following months: July, October, January, and April.
BBC Executive Committee:
1) An Executive Committee will manage and operate the BBC and its activities.
2) The Committee will determine its own organizational structure.
3) Executive Committee meetings will be held as deemed necessary by members of the Executive Committee.
BBC Web Site:
A website is available at www.bbc32162.com. A calendar of trips is published, as well as current beach invitations and club policies. Content of the website is determined and managed by the Executive Committee.
1) One trip per month will be planned and members can make a reservation for only the currently scheduled trip.
2) An email announcing that the newest beach invitation has been posted to the web will be sent to the entire club membership in the third week of every month prior to the month of the trip. The invitation will give a description of the beach and location, how to sign up, and will contain other information about the beach/location that may be of interest to the membership.
Length of Trips:
1) Day trips will typically last about 10-12 hours.
2) Trips lasting two (2) or more days will require overnight stays at a hotel selected by the BBC Executive Committee, and additional costs for hotels, food, etc., will be the responsibility of each club member.
1) Reservations must be sent by US postal mail to the Club Treasurer (address announced in the beach invitation).
2) The trip cost is $25 per person, payable by cash or a check made out to the BBC. This amount is subject to change based upon cost (i.e., time and distance of trip, bus and fuel costs, parking or entrance fees, etc.).
1) A waitlist for each beach trip will be established when all bus seats are sold. Waitlisted members must have paid the trip fee to be on the waitlist. If a cancellation is received, waitlisted members will be moved to the confirmed reservation list in the order they are received.
2) If the waitlisted members do not get a confirmed seat on the bus for the current trip, their check will be shredded by the BBC Club Treasurer.
1) A request for a cancellation may be made up to four (4) days prior to current trip date. The cancellation request must be made by email to the club’s treasurer (Stan Kophs, firstname.lastname@example.org). A cancellation credit will be given:
a) When enough paid reservations are received to fill a bus. The cancelling party will get a credit of $25 which may be used towards a future trip. No cash refund will be made.
b) OR, the cancelling party has the option of finding someone to take his/her place if there are no waitlisted members. The cancelling party must notify the club treasurer (Stan Kophs at email@example.com) who the replacement will be. In this case, the trip fee already paid will be used for the replacement’s reservation. It is up to the two parties involved to settle the trip fee between them. No credit will be given when a replacement is made, nor will a cash refund be made.
2) If the bus does not receive enough paid reservations to fill the bus, or if a replacement is not named by the cancelling club member, the $25 trip fee will be forfeited.
3) Cancellations received within four (4) days of the trip date will not be credited for a future trip.
4) No shows will not be issued a credit, nor a refund.
Cancellation Policy for Trips Lasting Longer Than One Day:
1) A cancellation for an overnight trip will be accepted if it is received by email to the Club Treasurer at least four (4) days prior to the beginning date of the trip and a replacement can be arranged.
2) The replacement can either come from the waitlist or substituted by the cancelling club member. When a replacement is arranged, a $25 credit for a future trip will be issued to the cancelling club member and the difference between the trip transportation fee and $25 will be refunded by check to the cancelling club member.
3) Anyone substituted by the cancelling club member must already be a BBC member.
4) If a cancellation is not able to be filled, either from the waitlist or substituted by the cancelling member, the trip transportation fee will be forfeited and no credit will be given.
5) Hotel deposits and cancellations are not the responsibility of the BBC and must be handled separately and solely by the club member.
6) The cancellation will not be accepted if it is received within four (4) days of the beginning of the trip, whether or not a replacement can be found, and the cancelling club member will forfeit their entire trip transportation fee.
Extreme Weather Cancellation Policy:
1) If the BBC Executive Committee feels certain that the planned trip may be affected by bad weather being forecast, they may change the location to another safer and more favorable beach locale for that day. An email will be sent to all confirmed members as soon as the decision to change locations has been made.
2) Weather may also dictate the need to end a beach trip earlier than planned. The decision to leave the beach early will be made by the Executive Committee members present that day on the beach.
3) In rare cases, a beach trip might need to be cancelled entirely due to bad weather. In that case, all confirmed members on that particular trip will be notified by email and given a credit towards a future trip
4) No cash refund will be made.
Charter Bus Policies:
1) Passengers are requested to use the same seat for the entire trip.
2) Bus accommodations and amenities may differ, but usually will include:
~ AC and heat
~ Overhead seat lights
~ Onboard bathroom
~ DVD player and video system
~ AC outlets for phones and I-pads (bring your own adaptors)
~ Overhead storage
~ Basement storage
3) Passengers may bring:
~ Coolers (large ones will be stored in the basement; small ones may be carried on)
~ Food (no ice cream, pizza, nuts with shells, popcorn, or chewing gum permitted on board the bus)
~ Beverages (NO cans, glass or open containers; plastic containers with screw-top lids are required for all beverages; alcohol is permitted onboard the bus)
~ Beach chairs and umbrellas
~ Blankets and towels
~ Travel bag or backpack
1) Common sense and courtesy to others is expected at all times.
2) For the comfort of our BBC members and guests, NO SMOKING will be permitted within 100 feet of the group at any time.
3) Although moderate consumption of alcohol will be permitted, drunkenness will not be tolerated.
4) Other “BBC Policies” may be adopted as our experiences indicate are necessary.
The Barefoot Beachcombers Club and its Executive Committee members accept no liability whatsoever in the operation or management of BBC or its road trips.
Suggestions for additions or modifications to any of the above policies from any members will be welcome and carefully considered by the Executive Committee.
Copyright. Barefoot Beachcombers Club. All rights reserved.
Membership currently CLOSED
Our membership has grown so large that
we are currently closed to new members . We are accepting names for our waitlist at this time. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.